Drink Driving Penalties
Our experienced motoring lawyers can assist with your defence in the following ways:
- Advice upon whether the facts of your case amount to a defence to an allegation of drink driving
- Offer mitigation to shorten the length of the driving ban
- Consider whether Special Reasons exist, even where a driver is guilty of a drink drive offence, to avoid a disqualification
Even where you are guilty of an offence of drink driving, expert mitigation from a specialist motoring solicitor can influence the Magistrates on the length of disqualification that was imposed. The preparation of your case or information provided to the Magistrates Court when deciding the length of any driving ban can have a crucial impact on both the sentence imposed and disqualification considerer.
Where there are aggravating features to the drink driving offence such as an accident, injury caused to any other person and/or a high alcohol reading, the Court can consider a term of imprisonment. It is therefore imperative that drivers facing this risk receive expert advice from a motoring lawyer.
Moreover, our expert solicitors will advise you and persuade the Magistrates to consider an Order that you be allowed to undertake the Drink Driver Rehabilitation Course. This is a discretionary course which can reduce the period of your disqualification from driving by 25%.
Where you have a potential defence to a drink driving offence, this will involve expert preparation to ensure the best possible defence is presented in respect of your drink driving charge. Such expert preparation could include the following:
- Contacting and speaking with potential defence witnesses
- Challenging any legal technicalities and legal loop holes in the prosecuting case.
- Checking the correct procedure was followed by the Police, both at the roadside and at the intoxilyser procedure at the Police Station.
- The instruction of a Drink Driving Toxicologist to prepare an Expert Report
- Instruction of a Medical Expert to advise upon a particular medical condition which may be relevant to your case.
- Challenging the blood or urine sample take from you.
Instructing an Expert to assist in establishing your defence.
Based in Cardiff, #1 Motoring Solicitors have have defended clients throughout South Wales and the West, including Newport, Swansea and Llanelli.Drink Driving Defending a Drink Driving Offence Drunk in Charge of a Motor Vehicle Drunk in Charge of a Motor Vehicle Defence
Please contact us for a free consultation with one of our motoring defence specialists or fill in our enquiry form and we will be in touch. We offer a fixed fee service in defending speeding allegations or mitigating against the imposition of a driving ban for a speeding offence.